Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Soul Food

Easter Sunday. Picture it people. Girls in their pastel dresses and white bonnets. Boys muddy from getting their sunday clothes dirty. Easter Eggs scattered throughout the yard. Chocolate bunnies with missing ears... Got it? got that picture in your head? Good... Now insert me into the middle of it wearing my jeans and t-shirt that I have been wearing for 3 whole freaking days! yes. That's right. Everyone else was pristine in their Easter Sunday best and my Easter dress that I had ordered was in Tuscon Arizona! 3 whole days without my clothes makes for a very frumpy, frazzled girl. But I still had a great Easter. In fact, I decided to make dinner Sunday night. We barbequed.

I decided to make 3 cheese baked macroni and cheese. Yum. I had visions of soul food dancing in my head. Forget sugarplums. Give me the barbeque, mac and cheese, and some chocolate cake. Yum! So I had the vision. I even made the grocery list. I even made sure that the grocery store was open before departing to ensure that victory would be mine. So we departed for the grocery store, list in hand, and purchased the ingredients. Jet lag and cosmic misfires aligning, we got all the way back to the house only to realize that I had neglected to get macroni! How does one make mac and cheese without the macroni? So I had to go all the way back to get the key ingredent. And then it was really yummy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Then I had to poop. I always feel better after I poop."

Give this blog some CONTROVERSY! Sleep with a married man, kiss a girl, grab a policeman's hat and run.

Listen to me. My life is so interesting that i get home and watch Seinfeld reruns. --Sid Vicious

Metalchick said...

HAHAHAHA You don't know the new me very well at all. I am going in a whole new positive, fun direction. I am not searching for controversy! I am searching for fun, love, and creating a new positive energy. So I am just laughing at my silliness! I am good at that...

You start a blog of controversy... Sleep with crazy psycho women.. Yes... Become you alter ego. Live it.

SanAntonioMama said...

OMG girlie you sound like me when I go to the store and forget the obvious like soy milk or tofu and I get home and have nothing to eat or drink. It's frustrating!!!!