Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Singing in the rain.... Or NOT

So I would just like to take this opportunity to thank KLM for their superior customer service skills. Recently on one of the 18 flights I have taken in the past 2 months, (ahem. Flight 1021 that left out of Amsterdam for Heathrow last Saturday), I had the extreme pleasure of dealing with KLM and their amazing customer service skills.

Upon arrival and checkin, I lug my 2 months supply of clothes and life's valuables onto the conveyor belt only to be told that I am 1kg over my 20kg weight limit. Considering I have made 17 flights without issue and haven't bought anything, I incredulously ask the flight chick what she wants me to do about that. She just sits there and blinks. *Blink* *Blink* I again repeat twice, what are my options? She says to me, "You're over your weight limit. *blink* *blink*"

Yes. No kidding. What do you want me to do about that? So I start to unpack my bag in front of her... Requiring everyone to queue up behind me. She just sits there as I figure out how to get 1kg of weight out of the bag. I then shove a couple of shirts into my purse that I have for the carry on and complete check in. She never said anything else. Just stared at me and blinked.

Then, as I am leaving Holland, the skies open and rain pours forth from the sky. Amsterdam is weeping that I'm leaving and decides to keep me in the airport for 45 minutes extra. Thankfully KLM decided to leave my bags out under the plane for the rain to soak through. Thank you KLM for your wonderful service. You are amazing at customer satisfaction for when I arrived at Heathrow, I discovered that my whole 2 months work of clothes, including my dry clean only business attire are all soaked through and have gotten the opportunity to mingle with oil slick sludge from under the airplane. INCREDIBLE. Pictures are provided below as I took a picture when the rain started letting up of our bags left outside the airplane on the ground during the downpour.



Thank you again KLM - Your loyal customer

1 comment:

Dark Damian said...

See, that's why pot is bad. Those guys said "Fuck this - let's light up a doobie."