Saturday, February 24, 2007

Scary Movie 3

Ever done a really stupid thing? I mean like completely irrational stupidness? I think perhaps everyone has at one point or another. I did that tonight and I can't seem to shake it. You see. I have this fear. It's a completely irrational stupid fear born out of watching too many late night horror stories about the single girl alone in her apartment.

For a split second, I let this unconscious thought creep into my mind like the mist rising off of Lake Eerie. It doesn't last long. just a split second. But then that thought takes on roots and is planted deep in my mind. I can't shake it. It's always there in the back of my mind. It's this mind numbing fear that any moment, there will be someone appear in my doorway or behind me in the mirror as I was my face. It scares the ever living daylights out of me so much so that I can't sleep. I can't even find myself a way to get to my bed and huddle under the covers. It will pass and I'll be fine. Logically I know that no one has broken into my apartment. It's a silly little fear but it's paralyzing all at the same time. So I'll stay here for a few more hours until I am exhausted, then run to my bed and huddle in the darkness praying for the boogyman not to get me. I will fall to sleep and tomorrow the sun will be out and I'll be fine once again. Silly Metalchick. You have some very weird quirks to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, you SHOULD be frightened; constantly. Just about every so called myth about horror, ghosts, elves, leprechauns, dwarves, and elementals originated in England. In fact, your apartment is probably the Corner Penthouse in Spook Central. --Sid Vicious