Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Two left feet....

So sorry for not posting more. I know how much you admire my sappy musings. But I have been busy with friends and family. This past weekend I went to Pittsburgh for a few days just to attend a wedding shower and bachelorette party for a friend who is getting married. Yes I flew all of that way just for a day of snow but I didn't care. It was worth it. I wouldn't have missed it for the world and I have some great memories to take home with me. They are better than all that sleep I would have gotten otherwise.

In my haste in packing for the trip, I did the unthinkable. I had set everything out, got the whole outfit together. I was going with the black theme since it's easier to pack by shades or themes for optimal packing efficiency and flexibility with style. So there you have it. Only when I arrived in Pittsburgh, I realized that instead of packing my pair of black heels with the white stitching, I packed 1 left black heel with stitching and 1 brown platform with buckle.... Yes. I am smart... So we had to make a mad dash to the mall, which turned out to be a 6 hour trip to the mall filled with laughter, funky hats from Ann Taylor, me getting 4 new sweaters, and B getting a dress for 7.50 that orginally cost 130. Oh and PA doesn't have sales tax! Wahoo!

Then we got all dressed up, made it about 5 inches on the slippery slidey thing they call a road, turned around and went back to the house. We spent the bachelorette party drinking diet dr pepper and talking around the kitchen table. It was the best time I have had in forever.


Oh and I embarrassed myself by screaming in exhaultation when K's dad brought out the Diet Dr. Pepper. Oh how I have missed thee. I didn't realize how much I missed Diet Dr Pepper until I was reunited with its wonderful flavors, acid and psuedo sugar. hmm ambrosia for the gods.

4 comments:

Dark Damian said...

Where's my vintage Steelers jersey and my Penguins hat?

You had EXPLICIT instructions!

I am so beating your ass when I see it next.

Metalchick said...

We couldn't get 5 inches out of the driveway for the better part of 2 days. We were lucky we arrived at all... Your vintage Steelers jersey and pengiuns hat are in my luggage though... When NTL goes on tour in Europe, you'll get it. Otherwise, sit down and eat your bacon.

Dark Damian said...

Don't get saucy with me, young lady. I'll eat my bacon when I'm good and damn ready. All I know is I better see some black-and-yellow goodness, and with the quickness. None of this "NTL Europe" tour nonsense, either. I expect you to deliver it to me, here in the Metroplex.

Tick tock. Move that ass.

Metalchick said...

I can get saucy with you any time I like. This is my blog. In DD world, your word is law and it's all about you and your kingdom... Over here in the most amazing, funny place on earth, it's my word.

Metroplex.... hmm. I'll take it under advisement with my travel and tourism department. They arrange all of my visits to my followers... :)